If you’re like me & love a bit of crafting with the kids plus love that homemade touch then here’s a fab idea for a lovely Father’s Day gift, a handmade Father’s Day Moustache Glass
What you will need:
- Clean beer glass
- Rust-Oleum Chalkboard brush paint (also available as a spray paint)
- Paint brush or sponge
- Thick piece of paper
- Rust-Oleum Low Tack Adhesive
How to make your moustached beer glass:
- Using your pen and paper, mark out your chosen moustache shape making sure it will fit the glass
- Using scissors, cut out your moustache shape to create a stencil
- Ensure your glass is clean and dry
- Secure your stencil to the glass with Rust-Oleum Low Tack Adhesive (following the instructions on the can) ensuring all parts of the stencil are bonded. Cover any remaining parts you do not wish to paint
- Move your glass to a well-ventilated area and place on top of the newspaper
- Using Rust-Oleum Chalkboard brush paint, apply a small amount of paint on your brush or sponge – it is best to build up the colour gradually. Remove excess paint onto a paper towel until the brush appears dry. Lightly apply the paint in a swirling motion, using a clean stencil brush or sponge. Apply a few light coats a couple of minutes apart
- Once dry, finish with a Father’s Day message and you will have created the perfect gift!
*collaborative post, Rust-Oleum products are available from Homebase, B&Q and other leading stockists.