The kids absolutely love Jammie Dodgers but will eat a whole packet in one go if I’m not keeping a close eye on them! So when we were deciding what to bake for this week’s snacks we thought we’d give a homemade Jammie Dodgers recipe a go. I’d much rather the kids eat homemade goodies instead shop bought as I know exactly what ingredients go into them, yes they do contain sugar but only a small amount compared to most cookies!
Recipe | Homemade Jammie Dodgers
Serves: 20 mins
- 300g plain flour
- 50g caster sugar
- pinch of salt
- 175g unsalted butter or margarine
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- For the filling
- 5tbsp jam
- 2tbsp icing sugar
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor & blend until it all clumps together.
- Wrap in clingfilm & put in the fridge until firm
- Roll out the dough & use a 4" cutter to cut out the cookies.
- I used a heart cutter for the centre but you you could use any smaller shape or cutter
- Bake on a lined baking tray at 175c or gas mark 4 for 8-10 mins
- Mix the jam & icing sugar together and sandwich the cookies together once cooled