After last week’s budget shopping, buying lot’s of meat in the reduced section, I haven’t needed to a proper weekly shop this week. I still needed to buy the usual fresh veg, fruit & salad etc which came under £20 for our family of four.
This week’s meal plan is about raiding the crammed freezer & pantry to create meals around the food we already have.
So onto this week’s Meal Planning Monday:
Breakfast will Overnight Oats, porridge or Special K. I’ve got some leftover fat free natural yoghurt so I’m going to be trying out a Banana & Peanut Butter Overnight Oats recipe.
This week will be another batch of soups that I can warm for myself 7 the hubby can take to work. So it’ll be either:
- SW Syn Free Leek & Potato soup
- SW Syn Tomato Soup
- Prosciutto & low fat cream cheese on ryvitas
- Scrambled eggs on gluten free toast at the weekend
- Lamb Kebabs with homemade flatbreads
- Chicken & Mushroom Risotto
- Turkey steaks with SW roast potatoes
- Cowboy Pie, as I didn’t end up making this last week
- Swedish meatballs & mash
- Syn Free Special Prawn Fried Rice
- Beef Bourguignon, again I didn’t end up making this either as we had tuna steaks which I picked up from the reduced section
I’m also going to be baking the boys some snacks too, probably flapjacks and raisin & oatmeal cookies.
Do you meal plan or think it will be something you want to start?