Eeeek this is my first ever cake decorating tutorial but I’m excited to start sharing my tutorials, hint & tips after getting such amazing feedback on my cakes so I thought Id show you how to make a Peppa Pig cupcake topper.
It’s actually super simple to make a 2D Peppa Pig with a few basic cake decorating supplies. Well these ones were actually George Pigs but same difference!
You will need:
- Pink & white modelling/flower paste or white paste & some pink gel colouring
- Edible pens in red & black
- Oval cookie cutter
- Daisy cutter
- Small circular cutter, I just use my piping nozzles
- Once you’ve rolled out the icing cut as many Peppa ‘heads’ as you’ll need then leave them to dry for about ten minutes before shaping the snout. This makes it easier to cut without ‘stretching’ the icing
- Add the eyes & cheek before outlining the face and drawing on the eyes & mouth. I have a range of edible pens but you could outline Peppa in red rather than buying an extra pink pen.
- From the daisy, trim off the petals and using a little cooled boiled water stick the ears to the head. You’ll have to be careful not to squish them!
- Leave them to dry on some grease proof paper overnight before adding them to your gorgeous little cupcakes or even use them as cookie decorations!
You could even make one giant one to use on a cake. Just apply each stage directly onto the cake rather than leaving it to dry separately.
I hope you love my first tutorial. As I’ve mentioned before I’m self taught so I’ve tried to keep it the simplest way I know, my techniques may not be the ‘official’ way but it works for me. If you’ve got any questions at all or want to request a cake decorating tutorial just leave me a comment.
Come & join in with #SundaySweets and link up all of your cakey, bakey & recipe type posts