I love a good scone and you just can’t beat homemade, still warm from the oven with a cup of tea, a mmmm perfect Sunday afternoon. Scones are actually pretty easy to bake, I don’t do complex, so why not try out this recipe for the yummiest homemade fruit scones ever. You could even swap the sultanas for cherries or apricots, what ever takes your fancy.
Recipe | The Yummiest Fruit Scones
- 225g self raising flour
- pinch of salt
- 55g butter
- 25g sultanas
- 25g caster sugar
- 150ml milk
- Heat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7 & line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper
- Mix together the flour and salt and rub in the butter
- Stir in the sultanas, sugar and then the milk to get a soft dough
- Turn on to a floured work surface and knead very lightly. Pat out to about 3cm thick. Use a 5cm cutter to stamp out your scones & place on a baking sheet. Lightly knead together the rest of the dough and stamp out more scones to use it all up.
- Brush the tops of the scones with a little milk. Bake for 12-15 minutes until well risen and golden.
- Cool on a wire rack and serve with butter and jam, clotted cream and a big mug of tea
It’s making me want some all over again just writing this recipe, this really is one of my favourite desserts. What’s your favourite? Are you a jam & scone kinda gal (or guy) like me?