So after a couple of weeks of not exactly sticking to plan & being a bit up & down, I was back on track and stuck to our Slimming World meal plan and I lost another 1 1/2 pound!This week I’m back on plan properly, the kids are back at school so there’s no excuses now. I need to stop kidding myself about the little things I’m eating that I know I shouldn’t be. I’m getting back to basics and am back writing my weekly food diary and using my Slimming World app to check the syns BEFORE I eat something. You just don’t realise how many syns are in little snacks!
The weather’s really changed this week, we are definitely into autumn and comfort food weather. It’s time to get the slow cooker out, make lot’s of soups and easy, hearty meals like this gorgeous Cheesy Bacon & Potato Bake which is syn free if you use the cheese as your Healthy Extra A.
Breakfast has been pretty easy. I’ve been having a Muller light with fruit most days. I really didn’t think this would fill me up but if I’m still peckish I’ll just add more fruit to increase my Speed Foods.
On the mornings when I’m starving, or going to the gym I’ll have something a bit more substantial like scrambled eggs & spinach instead. I never used to really like the texture of spinach but shredding it first makes a difference for me.
This is the one I’ve struggled with. I’ve gotten into the habit of not bothering to cook just for myself, and as I work from home I’ll tend to just snack throughout the day. This is the thing that’s really affecting my weight loss. I really need to start eating properly during the day. I’m getting my Nutribullet out and making some batches of soup for our lunches. They are so easy to just heat up in the microwave or take to work in a flask.
I normally use my Healthy Extra A for my milk for my cups of teas so will include all the syns for the meals below
- Bangers & Mash. I’m adding cauliflower into the mash for a little extra speed food, and replacing the butter with an egg. It sounds crazy but it makes the mash so creamy & it’s syn free (Asda Extra Special Light & Lean sausage are only 0.5 syns each!))
- Cheesy Potato Bake (Syn Free if using the cheese as your healthy extra a)
- Slimming World Chicken In Black Bean Sauce It’s a frozen meal from Iceland as a quick tea as the hubby will be playing golf! (Syn Free)
- Baked Cannelloni (1 1/2 syns per serving)
- Burger in a Bowl (Syn free without burger sauce or around 2 syns with it, check your burger sauce on the app)
- Homemade SW Katsu Curry (Syn Free if using breadcrumbs as your Healthy Extra B)
- Steak Pie and SW Friendly chips served with mixed veg for speed foods (5 syns per serving)
Do you plan your meals? What is your favourite Slimming World meal or recipe?
Have a nosy at my Slimming World loss diaries to see how I’m getting on. Don’t forget to subscribe to my channel for more updates.
OTHER SLIMMING WORLD POSTS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Slimming World Free Foods to add to you shopping list