I love a pie but it’s not something you think you can have when you’re ‘on a diet’ so I was soo pleased when I realised with a couple of little tweaks I could make a reasonably low syn pie that was Slimming World friendly, especially when a steak bake from Greggs is 20 syns!This Slimming World Steak Pie is a little different as it has a pastry lid rather than fully encased in pastry but that’s good enough for me, I prefer the crispy pastry of the lid anyway. Plus it’s only 5 syns per serving, the pie serves four so the whole pie is less syns than a pasty!
You could even add kidney but it’s just steak for me, I’m really not a fan of kidney. We love this pie with mash or Slimming World friendly chips done in the oven with FryLight, just don’t forget to add any additional syns if you use make extra gravy for you mash or chips.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 300g beef frying steaks, all visible fat removed, cut into bitesize pieces.
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely cubed
- 1 celery stick, finely cubed
- 200g baby button mushrooms
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme
- 300ml beef stock
- 1 level tsp gravy granules
- 110g ready-to-roll light puff pastry
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C Fan/gas 7. Place a large pan sprayed with low calorie cooking spray over a high heat. Add the steak, carrot, celery, mushrooms, onion, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, thyme, beef stock and gravy granules. Bring to the boil, then cook over a high Add the mixture to a pie dish.Roll out the pastry on baking paper large enough to cover your pie dish. Brush the rim of the dish with a little of the egg, add the pastry lid and seal the edges with a fork. Make a hole in the centre of the pie, then brush the lid with more egg. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the pastry has risen.
Will you be trying this recipe out? Make sure you pin it for later 🙂
What’s your favourite Slimming World meal? What should I add to my meal plan next week?
Have a nosy at my Slimming World loss diaries to see how I’m getting on. Don’t forget to subscribe to my channel for more updates.
OTHER SLIMMING WORLD POSTS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Slimming World Free Foods to add to you shopping list