One thing I love about Slimming World is that no food is off limits, you can have anything you want providing it’s in your daily guidelines or Syns as they’re called with Slimming World.I don’t have to give up potatoes, cheese or bacon, which I love so I decided to make this huge Slimming World cheesy bacon potato bake. Plus I threw in some extra veg to bulk it out and increase my Speed Food too, I added broccoli & red onion but you could add any extras you like as all veg are free foods.
It’s so amazing & each portion is Syn Free if you use the cheese as your healthy extra a choice. If you don’t then don’t forget you need to Syn it at 4 Syns per portion. The whole bake makes four portions so you can even freeze some for a quick lunch another day.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 600g potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 200g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 400g bacon, all visible fat removed, roughly chopped
- 200ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 100g reduced fat Cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160° Fan/Gas 4. Lightly spray a 2 litre gratin dish with Frylite.
- Brown the bacon and onion in a pan using Frylite
- Mix the sliced potatoes, broccoli, bacon & onions together in the dish and spread out into an even layer
- Pour the stock over the potatoes, loosely cover with foil & bake in the oven for about 30-40 mins
- Once the potatoes have softened, spoon over some of the stock then add the cheese & bake for a further 20 mins until browned
Syn Free if using your cheese as Healthy Extra A otherwise add 4 syns
Have a nosy at my Slimming World loss diaries to see how I’m getting on. Don’t forget to subscribe to my channel for more updates.
OTHER SLIMMING WORLD POSTS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Slimming World Free Foods to add to you shopping list
This blog has been verified by Rise: R2b35b593b54a36942da6a9f528343264