I love a smoothie, especially in a morning as I’m not really a breakfast person. I’m never in the mood for something first thing but then end up starving mid morning so a smoothie is perfect, plus you can take it with you if you’re heading out to work or the gym.
I like to add protein powder to my smoothies as it makes me feel fuller for longer, plus when you’re working out you could do with the extra protein to help boost your energy,especially after the gym or a run but also to help maintain muscle mass.
- 250ml skimmed milk
- 1 banana
- 1 scoop of strawberry protein powder
- handful of strawberries
- handful of ice cubes depending on how thick you like it
- add the milk & ice to a blender
- chop the banana & strawberries and add to the milk mix
- add a single scoop of protein powder
- whizz it all up
What’s your favourite smoothie? Do you add protein to yours?