As soon as the nights get darker and the temperature drops I get all excited over soups and stews. I love how they make you feel so warm and cosy when the weather is awful outside.
Soups are super easy to make and really healthy too so suit us busy mamas that want something quick but still want plenty of vegetables in our family’s diet.
One of my favourites is this Slimming World tomato soup but it doesn’t have to be full of cream and calories, you can dollop in some low fat fomage frais instead of full cream, and the leftovers can be frozen for lunch another day.
- Low Cal spray oil
- 1 onion peeled and finely chopped
- 2 sticks of celery, finely chopped. Although I don't always add celery, it depends on what we have in the fridge.
- 2 garlic cloves peeled & crushed, or most of the time I use 2 tsp lazy garlic instead
- 1 carrot peeled and finely diced
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 lt of stock, beef stock gives it deeper flavour
- Salt & pepper
- 200g low fat natural fromage frais
- Spray a frying pan with oil spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onion, celery, garlic and carrot and stir-fry for 2-3 mins.
- Add the stock and tinned tomatoes and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 15-20 mins.
- Remove from the heat, season well and, using a hand-held blender or food processor, blend until smooth. Return the soup to the pan and stir in the fromage frais.
- If the hubby fancies a chunkier soup I'll use a potato masher instead of the blender
Do you make your own soups? Will you be giving this recipe a try?
Have a nosy at my Slimming World loss diaries to see how I’m getting on. Don’t forget to subscribe to my channel for more updates.
OTHER SLIMMING WORLD POSTS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Slimming World Free Foods to add to you shopping list