We do love Flapjack in this house, I end up making it most weeks for us to snack on during the week rather than buying sugar filled biscuits & other treats. Flapjack does have sugar in it but I always think it’s much better to bake simple treats yourself as you know the ingredients that have gone into it.
This is a super simple flapjack recipe and so quick to make, you simply melt the ingredients, mix in the oats & pop in the oven!
Recipe | Super Simple Flapjack
- 225g Porridge Oats
- 25g Almonds
- 50g Sultanas
- 125g Butter
- 125g Brown Sugar
- 2-3 tbsps Golden Syrup (depends how gooey you want it)
- Melt the butter, sugar & golden syrup in a pan
- Pour onto the oats in a separate bowl, then mix in the almonds & sultanas
- Lightly grease a baking tin with butter and spoon in all the mixture.
- Using the back of a spoon press into the corners so the mixture is flat and score the mixture into 12 squares.
- Place in the oven and bake on 180 until golden brown (about 20 minutes).
- All done!