I’ve had an idea in my mind for a while of the overall look I wanted, my old design was great but it needed refining a bit more to match my idea of what I want my little corner of the internet to be. I’ve even created myself a new logo, which I love.
Now I’ve been blogging a while I knew what key points I wanted from my design.
- A featured slider of gallery images at the top so I can showcase my latest posts or categories. At the moment I’m using some of my blog categories but I can easily change this to feature some of my favourite posts.
- A ‘blocky’ layout. By that I mean a more structured front page layout instead of a long list of posts. I want my readers to be to click on the posts that catch their eye rather than just the latest ones.
- A clean, simple look as I can’t stand messy layouts that are confusing to the eye. I like clear & concise but it has got to be pretty too!
- A feminine feel but not too ‘young & girly’, I am a mum in her thirties so I wanted something that fits with my style, that’s an extension of me.
- And finally I needed a design that can be flexible, that I can have a play around with and change if I get a little bored with it, as I know I will. My last design only lasted a year but I love my new design and am so happy with everything.
I’ll be writing another post in more detail about choosing the right layout & design for you but wanted to share my new beautiful design and the reasons behind it.