This week’s Meal Planning Monday is a bit late, I forgot yesterday was Monday with it being a Bank Holiday! We ended up getting a takeaway on Friday and regretted it as we didn’t even really enjoy it, so this week we’ll be back eating healthier again with no takeaways. I’ve also gotten some great bargains in this week’s food shop too, so this week’s food shop was under £15!
I really missed my porridge last week so will making some for breakfast throughout the week, plus I’ve also re-found my love of Branflakes after the hubby bought some last week so these will be my breakfasts this week. I’m really trying to cut down on bread as I’ve been having stomach problems so no toast for me. I’m going to really trying to move towards a wheat & gluten free diet to see if this helps my stomach issues but more on that another day!
- Ham & cauliflower Bake
- Chicken, broccoli & cauliflower stir fry
- Jacket potato & salad
- Chicken salad
- Tuna salad
- Plain omelette & salad
- Quorn sausage & scrambled eggs
- Chicken Stir Fry – made with the leftover chicken from Sunday Roast
- Quiche & Salad – The quiche was reduced to 89p
- Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork with rice – cauliflower rice for me. The pork shank was only £1.49 in the reduced section and I’ll be able to make the marinade using ingredients we’ve already got in the pantry
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken Wraps with salad – The chicken was reduced from £3.50 to only £1.49
- Beef Burritos with salad
- Homemade Breaded Fish & Chips – The pollock was reduced to just £1.15
- Roast dinner with steamed veg
You can find some of the above recipes on my Pinterest board, don’t forget to follow for lot’s of lovely, healthy meal ideas.