Brownies are sooo wrong but oh so right, total naughty but nice so I don’t make them very often but seeing as it’s now getting colder and I’m starting to think about the C work (yes, Christmas) then I thought I’d try something a bit different and make some Spiced Chocolate Orange Brownies.
You know you’re onto an absolute winner when even the batter tastes orgasmic, and no I’m not exaggerating! You really need to make these as a yummy Christmas treat, they make such cute Christmas pressies too all packaged up with some pretty ribbon or festive string.
Brownies are not as hard as you might think to make. You need to make sure you go through the steps below rather than just mixing the ingredients like you would a cake otherwise you won’t get that gooey, fudgy texture.
These are definitely not one of my Slimming World friendly recipes but we’re allowed a little treat every now and then.
- 185g unsalted butter
- 150g dark chocolate
- 85g plain flour
- 40g cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 275g caster sugar
- 1tsp orange oil (or flavouring)
- Cut the butter into small cubes into a glass bowl then break up the chocolate & add to the bowl. Then melt over a pan of boiling water making sure the bowl doesn't touch the water, stir occasionally until melted then set it aside to cool
- Sieve the plain flour and the cocoa together in a separate bowl to get rid of any lumps
- Break 3 large eggs into a bowl with the caster sugar & orange oil and mix with an electric mixer or electric handheld whisk until thick & creamy, this could take up to about 8 mins
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture into the eggy mouse and fold in gently & slowly
- Resift the cocoa & flour mixture into the bowl and fold in gently. The mixture will look dry & dusty at first but it will come together
- Pour the mixture into a greased & lined tin and bake at 160c or gas mark 4 for 25 mins then check. Give the tin a little shake, if it wobbles in the middle then pop it back in for another 5 mins
If you like the look of them why not Pin It for later or share with your friends!