We’re a big lover of soups in our house. The hubby loves them rich and creamy, so do I, but I’m following Slimming World so cream is well and truly out of the picture but you can still enjoy some amazing food and there’s plenty of Slimming World friendly alternatives that are really easy to make.
This Slimming World Butternut Squash soup has a lovely comforting creaminess but without the cream! It’s fab to make in big batches and freeze ready for lunches too. I always try to make extra portions of my Slimming World meals so I’ve got plenty of stock in the freezer to keep me on plan, otherwise I just end up reaching for the wrong things.
This soup is totally syn free and is a speed food too so perfect for boosting your weight loss, as long as you don’t end up dipping lots of bread in it! You can have your wholemeal bread as your Healthy Extra B though if you can’t go without.
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 butternut squash, peeled deseeded & cut into chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 litre
- of boiling vegetable stock
- salt & black pepper
- 4 tbsp of quark to serve
- Put the onion, squash, garlic & stock into a saucepan and season to taste
- Bring to the boil over a high heat, then turn the heat low and simmer for about 25-30 minutes
- Blend until smooth using a food processor or hand blender and ladle into bowls
- Thin down the quark with a little water and add a swirl to each bowl
Will you be trying this recipe out? Don’t forget to Pin It for later.
Have a nosy at my Slimming World loss diaries to see how I’m getting on. Don’t forget to subscribe to my channel for more updates.
OTHER SLIMMING WORLD POSTS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Slimming World Free Foods to add to you shopping list