When I first started Slimming World I thought Sunday Roast’s were a thing of the past, you can’t eat a big meal like that when you’re on a diet can you?I was so glad to know with SW its not just about ‘dieting’ it’s about changing the way you cook food not about restricting food. Lot’s of meals an be made ‘Slimming World friendly’ and the classic roast is definitely one of them.
We love chicken in our house so a Slimming World Chicken Dinner is perfect for us, and best of all no one else in the family even knows it’s SW friendly and syn free. It’s just a chicken dinner to them but cooked differently.
You can have any of the classic roast veg, you just have to cook it separately to chicken. It needs to be cooked in Frylight though rather than in any oil, or in the roasting pan with the chicken. You’ll also need to remove the skin and either syn the gravy or go for a SW version.
- 1 whole chicken, buy a plain one though as basted or ready roaster may have oils etc added
- potatoes, peeled and chopped
- parsnips, peeled & cut into batons
- carrots, peeled & cut into batons
- red onions, diced
- frozen peas
- and any other veg you fancy
- Spray the chicken with a little Frylight and sprinkle a chicken Oxo cube over the top and pop in the oven to cook
- Peel & chop the potatoes, then boil for around 10 minutes
- Peel and chop the carrots and parsnips
- Spray a roasting dish with Frylight and add the drained, parboiled potatoes and spray lightly again.
- Shake to rough up the potatoes a little, then pop into the oven to roast with the chicken
- The potatoes take around an hour so part way through cooking add the chopped veg, spray again and pop back in to oven so everything is ready at the same time
- Meanwhile, boil or steam any extra veg you fancy to go with it
It’s super simple isn’t it? Just a few little changes and you’ve got a totally syn free meal. Plus you can add lot’s of extra speed food too to fill your plate.
Will you be trying out this Slimming World friendly version of a classic?
Have a nosy at my Slimming World loss diaries to see how I’m getting on. Don’t forget to subscribe to my channel for more updates.
OTHER SLIMMING WORLD POSTS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Slimming World Free Foods to add to you shopping list