Since starting meal planning again I’ve been trying to find healthy family friendly meal ideas and have found myself looking at Slimming World recipes more often. We’re not officially following the plan but the recipes sound that we’re probably using SW recipes three or four times a week.
As soon as I found this Slimming World Chicken Jambalaya recipe I knew my hubby would love it. I don’t like peppers so we skipped them from the recipe but normally the hubby will cook them separately and add then at the end. This recipe is for four so I halved the ingredients as I was only cooking for us two.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red pepper, 1 green pepper and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and chopped into chunks
- 2 courgettes, chopped into chunks
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, chopped into chunks
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- Splash of tabasco
- 350g long grain rice, dried
- 1 litre of chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh chopped parsley, to serve
- Spray a large, deep non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. I just used our wok as our frying pan wasn't quite big enough.
- Add the onion, garlic and chicken and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pan and season well.
- Bring to the boil then cover the pan and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes or until the stock is almost absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Serve scattered with parsley.
Do you follow Slimming World? Which recipe would you recommend we try next?
Have a nosy at my Slimming World loss diaries to see how I’m getting on. Don’t forget to subscribe to my channel for more updates.
OTHER SLIMMING WORLD POSTS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Slimming World Free Foods to add to you shopping list