We love chilli, on jackets, with sweet potato wedges or with rice. It’s one of our go to easy meals for the family but last week I decided it was time to try out the Slimming World Chilli Recipe.
I’ve been doing Slimming World for about three weeks now and am just about getting my head around the whole concept, the terminology, Syns, Healthy Extras etc so love trying out Syn Free recipes as I know it will help me keep on track as I’ve got to admit to a few slip ups recently with meals out.
What I love about chilli is that I can hide lot’s of veg in there too. I followed the recipe but added some chopped carrots and extra cherry tomatoes too as we had some extra veg in the fridge that needed using up. It tasted amazing!
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp of chilli powder
- 2 tsp of ground cumin
- 1 tsp of ground coriander
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- tin of chopped tomatoes
- tin of kidney beans or baked beans
- 300 ml beef stock
- 500 g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- chopped coriander to garnish
- Brown the mince & onions in a pan, then drain any excess fat from the meat
- Add the garlic, chilli & spices and fry for a further 2 mins
- Add the tomatoes, beans, tomato puree & stock
- Season with salt & pepper and simmer for about 15 mins until the sauces has reduced
Have a nosy at my Slimming World loss diaries to see how I’m getting on. Don’t forget to subscribe to my channel for more updates.
OTHER SLIMMING WORLD POSTS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Slimming World Free Foods to add to you shopping list