I’ve recently joined Slimming World after dabbling with a few recipes. I’ve heard such good things from people who have lost weight without feeling like they’re dieting. I also love that the meals are family friendly too, only taking some small changes to make them Slimming World Friendly, like this Slimming World Leek and Potato soup recipe.
As soon as the weather starts the get a bit colder and Autumn sets in then I start with the soups. It’s so easy to make a batch that the hubby can take to work in a flask & I can warm up for lunch whilst working from home. A healthy & quick lunch that means I’m not reaching for the kids snacks in the pantry! One of our favourites is this Slimming World Leek and Potato Soup recipe
I used to make leek & potato soup with butter and cream, this version is obviously not quite as rich but it’s well worth the swap for the reduction in fat and calories.
- 1 large onion
- 1.2 litres chicken or vegetable stock, I normally use chicken stock for the extra flavour but it's totally your choice
- 700g potatoes
- 1 large leek
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 150g fat-free natural fromage frais
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped chives or a tsp of dried herbs
- Finely chop the onion then lightly fry in a little low cal spray oil
- Peel & finely chop the potatoes
- Slice the leek length ways & rinse. Chop of the ends then finely slice
- Add the onion, potatoes & leek into a large pan with the stock and simmer for about 25 mins until soft
- Blitz in a food processor or use a hand blender
- Blend in most of the fromage frais, saving a little to garnish & reheat
- Season with salt & pepper
Do you make your own soups? Which are your favourite recipes?
Have a nosy at my Slimming World loss diaries to see how I’m getting on. Don’t forget to subscribe to my channel for more updates.
OTHER SLIMMING WORLD POSTS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Slimming World Free Foods to add to you shopping list