Each week I’ve been writing our Slimming World meal plan and sharing them on the blog, I’m loving that we can have really varied meals, including cheese, rice & pasta and other things that are normally off the menu on typical ‘diets’
I‘ve got to admit that I’m already thinking about Christmas food and I won’t be as strict as myself over Christmas, plus we’ve got a few Christmas Do’s, nights out & a trip to the Christmas Market’s in Manchester so I won’t be as strict with myself when we’re out but I will still be staying on plan at home up until closer to Christmas.
This week we’re out at a gig on Friday night, and I’ll be having my week’s syns in one night so I’ll be pretty strict with myself this week, trying to stay as syn free & low carb as possible. I try to restrict my carbs when I’m going to have a day or night off plan as carbs aren’t my friend at the best of time, although I’m still having my amazing cheesy potato bake one night this week, I can’t go a full week without potatoes! You don’t have to limit your carbs on Slimming World but from experience, I know this works better for me.
During summer & autumn I’ve been having a Muller light with fruit most days but now it’s getting colder I’ve been switching to porridge but I’ll be back with the yogurt & fruit or on the mornings when I’m starving, or going to the gym I’ll have something a bit more substantial like scrambled eggs & spinach instead. I never used to really like the texture of spinach but shredding it first makes a difference for me.
This is the one I’ve struggled with. I’ve gotten into the habit of not bothering to cook just for myself, and as I work from home I’ll tend to just snack throughout the day. I’ve been making sure I have lot’s of lunch options that are super quick, plus lot’s of leftovers from our Slimming World friendly evening meals in the freezer ready to microwave.
I normally use my Healthy Extra A for my milk for my cups of teas so will include all the syns for the meals below
- Chicken & salad wraps for the hubby & boys, I’ll skip the wrap though & have chicken salad. I use Schwartz Chicken seasoning as it’s syn free (You could go for a Weight Watchers wrap as your Healthy Extra B choice, or syn free without)
- Oven baked meat balls & pasta for the boys, cauliflower for me (Syn Free for both options)
- Cheesy Potato Bake (Syn Free if using cheese as your Healthy Extra A choice)
- Homemade burgers with SW chips (Syn Free without the bun)
- Chicken stir fry (Syn Free)
- Homemade SW Easy Chicken Curry with cauliflower rice (Syn Free)
- Roast Chicken Dinner with roast veg & mash (Syn Free if using an egg in the mash rather than butter, milk or cream. Sounds weird but it makes the mash taste really creamy)
Have a nosy at my Slimming World loss diaries to see how I’m getting on. Don’t forget to subscribe to my channel for more updates.
OTHER SLIMMING WORLD POSTS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Slimming World Free Foods to add to you shopping list