So after a couple of weeks of not exactly sticking to plan & a couple of pounds gain last week I was back on track and stuck to our Slimming World meal plan and I lost another 1 1/2 pound!This week I’m back on plan, there will be a few treats on days out with the kids but I’ll be sticking to my syns and keeping a food diary rather than just ignoring what I’m eating. It’s too easy to think, oh I’ve blown it and carry on snacking but that’s only cheating myself. It’s only me that feels bad when I step on the scales so it’s only me that can do something abut it and make better decisions.
When I’ve got a day out with the kids planned I really need to be better prepared with either an easy tea like this gorgeous Cheesy Bacon & Potato Bake which is syn free if you use the cheese as your Healthy Extra or making use of the slow cooker to make a chilli so we have something ready when we get home and I haven’t got the energy to start cooking!
Breakfast has been pretty easy. I’ve been having a Muller light with fruit most days. I really didn’t think this would fill me up but if I’m still peckish I’ll just add more fruit to increase my Speed Foods.
On the mornings when I’m starving, or going to the gym I’ll have something a bit more substantial like scrambled eggs & spinach instead. I never used to really like the texture of spinach but shredding it first makes a difference for me.
This is the one I’ve struggled with. I’ve gotten into the habit of not bothering to cook just for myself, and as I work from home I’ll tend to just snack throughout the day. I’m making sure I have lot’s of lunch options that are super quick, plus lot’s of leftovers in the freezer ready to microwave.
I normally use my Healthy Extra A for my milk for my cups of teas so will include all the syns for the meals below
- Slimming World Chicken Saag ready meal with rice as it’s Bank Holiday so we’re out for the day (Syn Free)
- Chicken & salad wraps (Syn Free if using the Weight Watcher wrap as your Healthy Extra B)
- Pork Chops dusted with Schwartz pork seasoning with SW friendly potato wedges (done in the oven with Frylight) & mixed veg (Syn Free)
- Homemade burgers with salad & SW Friendly chips (done in the oven with Frylight) (Syn Free without the bun)
- Chicken stir fry (Syn Free)
- Homemade SW Katsu Curry (Syn Free if using breadcrumbs as your Healthy Extra B)
- Beef & Bean Hotpot Bake (1 syn per serving)
Do you plan your meals? What is your favourite Slimming World meal or recipe?
Have a nosy at my Slimming World loss diaries to see how I’m getting on. Don’t forget to subscribe to my channel for more updates.
OTHER SLIMMING WORLD POSTS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Slimming World Free Foods to add to you shopping list