I feel like I’m saying this every week recently but this week hasn’t been a great week on Slimming World. You know when you everything all comes at once? Birthday parties, 70th birthdays, gigs, birthday meals. Well that’s exactly what it was like this last week & whilst I stuck to our Slimming World meal plan for the meals I was making, I didn’t exactly stick to plan on meals & nights out and I gained one pound.
In the grand scheme of things a pound is a pound, it’s not much especially given that I’ve been so much over my syns last week, I was actually shocked it wasn’t more. I know it was down to the amount of dancing I’ve done, I’ve clearly burnt off some calories!
So this week I need to be really strict with myself. I need to be focused and on track so I’ll have my food diary back out of the drawer, writing down what I eat and not cheating myself. I’m going to be prepared with all my meals rather than just the evening meals and reduce my carbs this week, I know you can have pasta & potatoes etc on Slimming World but carbs really are not my friend. I really want to lose a couple of pounds this week to make up for last week.
It’s going to be all about the soups again this week for lunch. Something easy for the hubby to warm up in the morning and take to work in a flask, and something easy for me to warm up during the day. I work from home so I just don’t feel like cooking a proper meal during the day so popping some homemade soup in the microwave is super easy and syn free!
Breakfast has been pretty easy. I’ve been having a Muller light with fruit most days. I really didn’t think this would fill me up but if I’m still peckish I’ll just add more fruit to increase my Speed Foods.
On the mornings when I’m starving, or going to the gym I’ll have something a bit more substantial like scrambled eggs & spinach or grilled tomatoes instead. I never used to really like the texture of spinach but shredding it first makes a difference for me.
This is the one I’ve struggled with. I’ve gotten into the habit of not bothering to cook just for myself, and as I work from home I’ll tend to just snack throughout the day. I’m making sure I have lot’s of lunch options that are super quick, plus lot’s of leftovers in the freezer ready to microwave.
I normally use my Healthy Extra A for my milk for my cups of teas so will include all the syns for the meals below
- Chicken stir fry (Syn Free plus I’ll be having extra beansprouts instead of noodles to reduce my carbs)
- Burger in a bowl (Syn Free but then don’t forget to add the syns of any burger sauce you use)
- Homemade pizza using a Weight Watchers wrap as the base, loaded with tomato puree, ham, chicken & spinach (Syn Free if using the Weight Watcher wrap as your Healthy Extra B and the cheese as your A choice)
- Chicken Supreme with broccoli, cauliflower & green beans (Syn Free)
- Chicken & bacon wraps with salad Syn Free)
- Steak, sweet potato wedges & spinach (Syn Free)
- Slow cooked spiced beef with steamed veg & mash (Syn Free if using an egg in the mash rather than butter, milk or cream. Sounds weird but it makes the mash taste really creamy)
Do you plan your meals? What is your favourite Slimming World meal or recipe?
Have a nosy at my Slimming World loss diaries to see how I’m getting on. Don’t forget to subscribe to my channel for more updates.
OTHER SLIMMING WORLD POSTS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Slimming World Free Foods to add to you shopping list