Each week I’ve been writing our Slimming World meal plan and sharing them on the blog, I’m loving that we can have really varied meals, including cheese, rice & pasta and other things that are normally off the menu on typical ‘diets’Last week I was well & truly off the wagon. I didn’t write a meal plan and instead said we’ll just have whatever out of the freezer as I’m trying to use things up ready to defrost it. But no, that didn’t happen.
We just ended up eating anything, I didn’t check the syns or plan SW friendly meals and it showed with a 2lb gain. Totally my own fault for not being prepared, but at least it showed me that I do need to plan ahead!
With it getting colder and darker, I always tend to go for comfort food so I need to make sure everything is Slimming World friendly & I don’t reach for the wrong things.
I’ll be making soup again this week for easy lunches, I’m thinking of trying out a recipe for Minestrone so it’s still comforting but filling too.
Now it’s getting colder I’m getting tempted to go back to porridge in a morning. It does mean I’m using most of my Healthy A choice & B choice in one meal but it keeps me full until lunch.
This is the one I’ve struggled with. I’ve gotten into the habit of not bothering to cook just for myself, and as I work from home I’ll tend to just snack throughout the day. I’m making sure I have lot’s of lunch options that are super quick, plus lot’s of leftovers in the freezer ready to microwave.
- Chicken & Mushroom Risotto (Syn Free without using cream or white wine in the recipe)
- SW Friendly Lasagne & salad(Syn Free)
- Pulled pork and Mac & Cheese (Syn Free for the pork then 1 1/2 syns for Batchelors Macaroni Cheese if using milk from your HEX A)
- Beef Burritos using WW Wraps as a Hex B & salad (Syn Free)
- Morrisons The Best Melt in the Middle Fishcakes with new potatoes & salad (2 syns per fishcake)
- Beef Massaman Curry & boiled rice (1 1/2 syns per portion)
- Roast Chicken Dinner with roast veg & mash (Syn Free if using an egg in the mash rather than butter, milk or cream. Sounds weird but it makes the mash taste really creamy)
Do you plan your meals? What is your favourite Slimming World meal or recipe?
Have a nosy at my Slimming World loss diaries to see how I’m getting on. Don’t forget to subscribe to my channel for more updates.
OTHER SLIMMING WORLD POSTS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Slimming World Free Foods to add to you shopping list