I have been such a rubbish Slimming Worlder recently, I just can’t seem to stick to our meal plan. I’m eating all the wrong foods during the day whilst I’m working at home then trying to pull it back with a healthy meal in the evening. I have been losing a pound here or there, or maintaining my weight but it’s just not good enough. I’m really frustrating myself with my eating habits the past few weeks and I really need to get my head back in it.
I‘m an emotional eater and tend to snack when I’m stressed rather than having a proper breakfast or lunch. Then it’s too easy to think, oh I’ve blown it and carry on snacking but that’s only cheating myself. It’s only me that feels bad when I step on the scales so it’s only me that can do something abut it and make better decisions.
I really need to be better prepared with either an easy tea like this gorgeous Cheesy Bacon & Potato Bake which is syn free if you use the cheese as your Healthy Extra or making use of the slow cooker to make a chilli so we have something ready when we get home and I haven’t got the energy to start cooking!
This week I’ve dug deep into the freezer and had the pantry out to see what we already have in that I can make meals out of. I’ve really got into the habit of just grabbing anything quick and I really do need to change that and focus on sticking to our meal plan each week.
Breakfast has been pretty easy. I’ve been having a Muller light with fruit most days. I really didn’t think this would fill me up but if I’m still peckish I’ll just add more fruit to increase my Speed Foods.
This is the one I’ve struggled with. I’ve gotten into the habit of not bothering to cook just for myself, and as I work from home I’ll tend to just snack throughout the day. I’m making sure I have lot’s of lunch options that are super quick, plus lot’s of leftovers in the freezer ready to microwave.
I normally use my Healthy Extra A for my milk for my cups of teas so will include all the syns for the meals below
- Beef Burritos with salad. Using Weight Watchers wrap as my Healthy Extra B or 5.5 syns if not, rice boiled in beef stock & grated cheese (Syn Free without the cheese or 20g lighter cheddar for 3 syns or you could use 40g as your Healthy Extra A choice)
- Corned Beef Hash & fried eggs (1 syn per portion if using Frylite)
- Pork Chops dusted with Schwartz pork seasoning with SW friendly potato wedges (done in the oven with Frylight) & mixed veg (Syn Free)
- Homemade burgers with salad & SW Friendly chips (done in the oven with Frylight) (Syn Free without the bun or a small wholemeal roll for your Healthy Extra B)
- Beef stir fry (Syn Free)
- Homemade SW Katsu Curry (Syn Free if using breadcrumbs as your Healthy Extra B)
- Beef & Bean Hotpot Bake (1 syn per serving)
Do you plan your meals? What is your favourite Slimming World meal or recipe?
Have a nosy at my Slimming World loss diaries to see how I’m getting on. Don’t forget to subscribe to my channel for more updates.
OTHER SLIMMING WORLD POSTS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Slimming World Free Foods to add to you shopping list