After all the pigging out over Christmas (don’t judge me!) I’m back plan with Slimming World and back getting focused on what I eat.
I really didn’t stick to plan at all over the holidays so need to put extra effort in now these next few months to hit my target. I’m back meal planning every Monday and prepping and preparing meals in advance when I can. Soup is an especially one. Super easy to make & you can warm it up for lunch or pop it into a flask to take with you to work, so it’s perfect for me & the hubby.
This week I’ve made a big batch of Slimming World Pea & Ham Soup and it’s syn free, filling and totally yum too so win win!
It’s basically a chuck everything in a pan kind of recipe so anybody can make whether you’ve been on plan for a while or totally new to Slimming World.
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium potato, peeled and finely chopped
- 800ml vegetable stock
- 400g frozen peas
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 200g lean ham, diced - I actually used left overs from our gammon joint with all the fat removed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the onion, potato, stock and peas in a large saucepan. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Using a hand held blender, process the soup until smooth.
- Stir in the ham, reserving some for garnish, and bring back to the boil.
- Season to taste and sprinkle with the remaining ham (and extra pepper if you're like my hubby!) before serving.
Are you a soup lover? Will you be trying out this quick & easy Syn Free recipe? Let me know your thoughts in the comments, and don’t forget to pin it for later!