As soon as the weather turns & it starts getting colder it’s all about the soups, stews & casseroles for me. There’s just something about soup which is so comforting on a chilly day.I love a good homemade soup but before I started Slimming World I’d use lot’s of butter & cream but not anymore. There’s some really simple tweaks to make syn free soups, it’s not about leaving ingredients out but swapping some ingredients to keep you on plan. So instead if frying in butter or oil, use a low calorie spray like Frylight, and swap cream for fat free natural yogurt.
This Slimming World Pumpkin Soup is syn free & perfect for this time of year as we’re all carving pumpkins plus it’s so hearty & creamy with the added natural yogurt without the fat or calories of cream, and the spice just takes it up a notch.
- Frylight or other low calorie cooking spray
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1.2kg pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 750ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- TO SERVE
- 4 tbsp fat free natural yogurt
- Spray non-stick saucepan with the Frylight & place over a medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion to the pan and fry gently for 3-4 minutes until softened but no browned.
- Add the pumpkin and ground cumin and lightly fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Season well, add the stock and bring to the boil, then cover, lower the heat and simmer gently for 20-25 minutes until the pumpkin is tender.
- Allow the soup to cool slightly, place in a food processor or use a hand blender & blend until smooth. Stir in the coriander and ladle the soup into warmed bowls.
- Garnish each bowl with a spoonful of yogurt & a pinch of paprika.
You can enjoy a small wholemeal roll with your soup as your Healthy Extra B choice but don’t forget to use a low fat spread or syn the butter you use!
Will you be trying this soup out? If you like the look of this recipe then why not Pin It for later?
Have a nosy at my Slimming World loss diaries to see how I’m getting on. Don’t forget to subscribe to my channel for more updates.
OTHER SLIMMING WORLD POSTS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Slimming World Free Foods to add to you shopping list