I love pancakes but there is a serious amount of Syns with all the flour, especially when you include different topping too. All those Syns & calories add up but there is a Syn Free alternative.
I‘ve been having a nosy online looking at different recipes and options. There’s a few low syn pancake recipes but for me it’s got to be this Slimming World Syn Free pancake recipe that I’ll be making this Shrove Tuesday.
You don’t have to whisk the whites to make the pancakes but it does make them much better. Without separating & whisking they can be a bit of a sweet omelette rather than a pancake. Plus they are more delicate than normal pancakes using flour so don’t make them too big.
This recipe would make a fab breakfast or even a dessert if served with fat free yogurt and fruit.
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
- Fry Lite or any other low cal spray
- Separate the whites & yolks into separate bowls
- Whisk up the whites with 2 tbsp of sweetener until it begins to form peaks
- Add 1 tbsp of sweetener & the vanilla essence to the yolk, then carefully fold into the white
- Spray the pan with Fry Lite and pour half the mixture in
- These are more delicate than normal pancakes so be careful when flipping
Will you be trying out this version? Don’t forget about the toppings, you may need to Syn some of the added extras depending on what you choose.
*UPDATE* Slimming World has now changed the Syn values for sweetener. It is still syn free in smaller quantities such a one tsp but they have now allocated 0.5 syns per tablespoon, therefore these pancakes are now 0.5 syns each or 1.5 syns for the full recipe which makes three pancakes.
Have a nosy at my Slimming World loss diaries to see how I’m getting on. Don’t forget to subscribe to my channel for more updates.
OTHER SLIMMING WORLD POSTS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Slimming World Free Foods to add to you shopping list